Not doing great

img_2769.jpg

So after almost 4 weeks of miraculous healing we got our first setback. I have an infection in the incision that was almost healed.  It was very scary mostly because our surgeon was out of town. We saw a different orthopedic doctor yesterday (Tuesday) and he prescribed antibiotics. 

Last night was very difficult. The pain in the stump was worse than it's been ever. This morning when I woke up it felt a little better but it definitely was still worse than the day before. So we called the orthopedic nurses and they spoke with the doctor I saw yesterday. The doctor looked at all the pictures that we sent from the morning and decided that he wanted to wait 24 to 48 hours to see if the anabiotics would work. The plan is to just wait and see if the antibiotics work. We're supposed to let them know if I start feeling worse or if the infection gets worse. 

The thing that worried me the most was that Dr. Spencer was out of town and yesterday couldn't be reached. I just wanted her to know what was going on, and make sure she was OK with the plan. And thankfully we heard this afternoon that she talk to the doctor  we saw yesterday and was in agreement with the plan. She said that if I started to feel worse or the infection got worse then we would come into Boston for IV antibiotics. 

So now we wait and pray for healing. So thankful for all the prayers and support and just asking for specific prayer now for healing of the infection.